What is Reiki?
Usui Reiki, which means “Universal Life Force Energy” is the Japanese method for helping one balance their Qi, Ki, Prana, or Life Force Energy. Reiki does this by reducing stress and promoting relaxation. When the body is in a relaxed state, it can heal itself more easily. Reiki is a natural, simple, and safe method of spiritual and physical healing because it can never cause harm.
What can I expect during a Reiki Session?
Reiki is given by someone who has been attuned to the Reiki energy. The Reiki practitioner will place their hands above or on certain areas of the body that might have blocked energy and the Reiki energy flows through them to the client to help clear those blocks. The client might physically feel warm or cool sensations or just have an overall sense of peacefulness and tranquility.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The healer is only the vessel for the energy and does not determine the outcome for the client. If the body is not willing to accept the healing, then no healing will occur.
- Since everyone is different, some people will respond well to Reiki or crystal healing and others might see greater results with other forms of energy healing.
- Sometimes several treatments are needed in order to start seeing results.
- Emotional releases and physical detoxing symptoms can sometimes occur after a session when large blocks of energy are removed.
- Energy healing should not be used as a substitute of your physician’s recommendations, but can be very beneficial in conjunction to your current medical treatments. Always seek the advise of your physician for serious medical conditions.
Why are crystals used?
Documented use of crystals being used for healing and jewelry can be found in ancient times. Because of their fixed molecular structure, crystals and stones have a high vibration or frequency which can easily influence the human body. The vibration of the crystal is determined by the geometric structure, composition, color, and size of the crystal. Using these frequencies, crystals can aid in bringing balance to body and mind.